National Collection Service
SYNLAB operates a national drug and alcohol Collection Service that is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year so we can assist you whenever you need a collection at short notice. To ensure we are always on hand, SYNLAB employs over 90 impartial, professional Collection Technicians across the UK and Northern Ireland. So from the point you make a call to our booking line, we try to get a Collection Technician to you within a target time of 2 hours.
Our Collection Technicians are trained to collect urine, saliva, breath and hair samples and where needed, test them with a point of care test or breathalyser, as well as packing them up under chain of custody conditions for laboratory analysis.
Ensuring the chain of custody remains intact for legally defensible results is the most complex part of the collection process, which is why SYNLAB robustly train and audit its Collection Technicians. SYNLAB’s Collection Service hold ISO 17025 accreditation for the chain of custody element of the collection, demonstrating our continued commitment to quality, giving you the assurance that SYNLAB offers a rigorous and consistent service at all times.
The provision of independent, unbiased and professional team of Collection Technicians adds value to your organisation, by removing allegations of bias during the testing process, while maintaining company policies and requirements. So whether your organisation needs a for-cause or pre-arranged collection, SYNLAB’s coverage network can give you the confidence that we will deliver a compliant, end-to-end solution to support your organisation’s needs at all times.
Key benefits of utilising SYNLAB’s Collection Service includes:
- Our Collection Technicians are ISO 17025 accredited to perform urine and saliva chain of custody collections.
- Our target time to all for-cause callouts is 2 hours or less.
- Robust policies and procedures.
- Impartial, high quality service.
- We are digital! All of our Collection Technicians are equipped with tablets to capture all testing information for a professional, seamless service.
Did you know?
- SYNLAB performed over 500 For Cause collections per month in 2016.
- Cannabis is the commonly abused drug in the UK.
- SYNLAB have developed Safeguard Digital – a digital drug and alcohol program.